Who We Are . . . What We Do
- MiRA Timber Frame was established as a family business in 1998.
- We are housed in a 16,000 sq. ft. design and manufacturing facility located in Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada.
- Every timber frame is designed and cut employing traditional European mortise & tenon joinery.
- With over 400 projects and 20+ years experience our skilled staff of designers & timber framers will ensure that if you can dream it we can build it.
- We are committed to quality detailed workmanship and responsible resources management in every project.
It's Julian's passion for the craft of timber framing that is the engine that propels us forwards. His enthusiasm is truly contagious; he is an ambassador for MiRA in addition to being an impassioned supporter of the timber frame profession. He encourages working with other timber frame enthusiasts in an effort to promote and preserve the true art and beauty of the craft of timber framing.
"I've always loved working with structure, starting in 1988 with steel which evolved into timber framing. The preciseness and quality is what keeps my fire fueled" . . Julian
Trudy's innate sense of style coupled with her degree in interior design is the backbone of our design department. With pencil in hand she will take your ideas and turn them into the perfect timber frame design. If you can dream it she will help you believe it.
"Our design focus is to balance the clients' wish list with practical designs solutions & solid building practices. Timber framing does present some design challenges which are quickly over shadowed by the inherent beauty of working with natural elements, and being focused on quality craftsmanship and detailing." . . Trudy